1. Home
  2. Login
  3. View Cart
  4. Checkout

Tennis Data Sheets:

Download as PDF

Q's & A's - Lobster Tennis Ball Machines



"Why do sportsequip.co.uk only offer Lobster machines rather than a bigger range?"

We have done a lot of research into ball machines and know the Lobster mains and Elite battery machines account for over 80% of all machine sales in the UK. The other 20% are very basic entry level, very top end coaching specialist machines or 'branded' machines and not best suited for the club, school or domestic market we aim to supply. In addition only certain model types are available or suitable for importation to Europe. They may be designed and made to a higher spec to suit the European market.


"Do I want Mains operation or Battery operation?"

At one point, battery operation meant limited machine usage in a day, perhaps 3-4 hours. If this was insufficient then a 'Mains' machine was a suitable alternative. Since the arrival of the Lobster Elite range (providing 6-8 hours court usage) limited usage is no longer an issue. Portability and strict charging requirements are the other considerations as these may determine the type you purchase.


"Can I leave the machine outside?"

NO! No ball machine in production will withstand this. Supposed 'All-Weather' covers do not offer sufficient protection. Machines must be kept and stored dry otherwise the warranty is invalidated and/or serious damage will occur.


"Do I charge an Elite machine only when I need it?"

NO! The machine must be put back on charge the same day of use regardless of how long it has been used for (5 minutes or 5 hours). Leaving it in a state of part-charge for days will ruin the battery. Top-up the battery for storage.


"Can I leave an Elite machine on charge?"

YES! The charger is intelligent and won't overheat/charge and it is always recommended that it is left connected when in storage.


"Do I need to provide a suitable extension lead for a mains machine?"

YES! Unless a lead is purchased separately as an accessory with the machine.


"Are machines checked before despatch?"

YES! Not a single machine is despatched without a series of inspections and checks being undertaken. New, updated manuals are included.


"How are repairs undertaken?"

It is requested that the customer keeps the box that the machine is delivered in. Any problems requiring the return of the machine are taken seriously but collection is only arranged once the machine is properly boxed by the customer.


"Do the machines have any maintenance requirements?"

No regular maintenance other than good housekeeping, storage and charging is required. Annual servicing is not a requirement.


"What is the best tennis ball machine?"

The one that best matches the customer's budget, requirements and application!



Read the sportsequip.co.uk blogLike us on FacebookFollow us on Twitter
ChasConstructionlineTIA (Tennis Industry Association)ShopSafeFields in Trust

head office: The Manor, Tur Langton, Leicestershire LE8 0PJ | phone: 01858 545789 | fax: 01858 545890 | email: info@sportsequip.co.uk


© sportsequip.co.uk 2019 | Boyd Sport & Play Ltd | Company Reg No. 03477837 | VAT No. 705387334 | sportsequip.co.uk is a registered trademark | Site updated: 12th December 2019



Read the sportsequip.co.uk blogLike us on FacebookFollow us on Twitter

head office: The Manor, Tur Langton, Leicestershire LE8 0PJ
phone: 01858 545789
fax: 01858 545890
email: info@sportsequip.co.uk


© sportsequip.co.uk 2019 | Boyd Sport & Play Ltd
Company Reg No. 03477837 | VAT No. 705387334
sportsequip.co.uk & Astroturf® are registered trademarks
Site updated: 12th December 2019